- Country of Origin: Georgia
- Producer: Shumi
- Type: red / dry
- Grape variety: Saperavi 100%
- Quality Classification: Napareuli micro-zone
- Time to drink: Now - 2027
Shumi Winery owns its own fields in a specific cultivation area (microzone) and values the appellation. In 2005 , it was the first winery in Georgia to introduce organic farming.
The quality of Shumi wine has been recognized internationally and has won over 300 medals at various wine competitions around the world.
The nose is rich with ripe blueberries, blackberries and bitter chocolate.
The attack has plenty of ripe berry black fruit. After that, I feel a little spicy and earthy, natural nuances. The mouthfeel is silky and smooth. A wine that best expresses the characteristics of the grape variety.
- Food that goes well with
Saperavi shows a good compatibility with home cooking. It goes especially well with stewed dishes. It is also recommended as a barbecue wine.
- Alcohol content: 13%
- Body: full
- Volume: 750ml
- Ingredients: grapes 100%
- Region: Kakheti
- Origin: Tsinandari
- Microzone: Napaleuli
- Field: Producer's own single field
- Field altitude: 580m
- Field name: Satrabakho Vineyard
- Grape grower: Shumi
- Place: Shumi
- Place of bottling: Shumi
- Production method: Destemming, light pressing, stainless steel tank fermentation, maceration for 2 weeks.
- Aging: Stainless steel tank
- Bottling date: listed on the bottle
Import and storage information
- Import method: Use temperature-controlled containers
- Storage: Daniel's Wine Club Yokohama
- Storage temperature: 16°~18°C