- Country of origin: Romania
- Producer: Jidvei
- Type: white / medium dry
- Grape variety: Sauvignon Blanc 100%
- Classification: DOC-CMD Tarnave-Jidvei
- Time to drink: Now - 2024
- EAN code: 5942091000987
Transparent lemon yellow color.
The fragrance is very rich and refined. It has a scent that makes you imagine "green" and "blue". The direction of the scent is reminiscent of the sharp style of the New World. Nuances such as tomato leaves, basil, asparagus and freshly cut grass (lawn?) dominate. In it, floral and citrus elements are mixed, and it is a lot of fun. Aromas of acacia flowers, lime and grapefruit are also present.
It's demi-sec (medium dry), yet has a solid acidity. Considering the aroma, I expected a slightly sharper taste, but the acid and fruit balance is very good, the texture is smooth, and it is very comfortable to drink. The acidity is strong, so the residual sugar is not overstated, and it is soft and has a gentle, medium dry finish that is more than you can imagine. It has fresh fruit and moderate herbal blueness, and the finish is pleasant.
- Food pairing
Foods that go well with it include tempura, shrimp and asparagus salad, Chinese-style salt-fried squid, rape blossoms, raw oysters, fried oysters, and fried salmon.
According to Roman mythology, the Column of Hercules was built by Hercules near the Strait of Gibraltar. The Pillars of Hercules marked the end of the world as it was known at the time. The words "Nec Plus Ultra" were written on the pillars. It meant ``nothing ahead'' or ``no more'' and served as a warning to sailors and explorers not to go further. Jidvei's winemakers have made the motto of this wine series "Nec Plus Ultra" and spent many years working hard to make wines worthy of this motto. Enjoy the results.
- Alcohol content: 12.5%
- Residual sugar: 7.80 g/l
- Acidity: 6.07 g/l
- Volume: 750ml
- Ingredients: grapes 100%
- Region: Transylvania
- County: Aruba
- Wine region: Tarnave
- Sub-region: Jidvei
- Village: Tawny
- Vineyard : Producer's own field
- Vineyard manager: Jidvei
- Maker: Jidvei
- Place: Jidvei
- Place of bottling: Jidvei
- Bottling date: listed on the bottle
- Importer: Daniel's Wine Club
- Import method: container import
- Import Route: Jidvei ⇨ Daniel's Wine Club
- Quality control method during transportation: use temperature-controlled containers
- Seller: Daniel's Wine Club
- Storage: Daniel's Wine Club
- Storage temperature: 16°~18°C