- Country of origin: Romania
- Producer: Domeniile Săhăteni
- Type: white / dry
- Grape variety: Chardonnay 100%
- Classification: DOC-CT Dealu Mare
- Readiness for drinking: now~2030
- Price range: 3,000~3,999
- Price: ¥3,000 (¥3,300 with tax)
Healthy and radiant, with a medium lemon color.
The aroma is intense, featuring a wealth of primary and secondary notes. Scents of grapefruit, melon, pear, peach, grape, banana, pineapple, lychee, mango, lemongrass, fennel, biscuits, brioche, vanilla, coconut, smokiness, nuts, butter, toasted almonds, and freshly baked bread are all present.
It is dry wine with a moderately high acidity. The alcohol content is moderate, and it has a medium body. The flavor intensity is strong, offering a robust mouthfeel with a striking impact. The texture is very creamy, and this creaminess blends seamlessly with the firm acidity, providing a well-balanced palate. Amidst the assertive presence of tropical fruits, nuances of oak contribute to an elegant complexity. Enjoy subtle hints of minerals (flint), nuts, and brioche. The finish is long, concluding in a very clean manner. Recommended for those seeking a robust wine with a substantial flavor profile.
- Food pairing
This wine complements wonderfully with dishes such as chicken in butter cream sauce, carbonara, sweet and sour pork, grilled swordfish, mushroom dishes, fermented foods, simmered dishes, slightly sweetened seasonings (using mirin and sake), butter-steamed clams, miso-marinated cream cheese, Japanese beef steak, creamy crab salad, and pickled vegetables in bran, showcasing delightful pairings.
- Alcohol by volume: 13.5％
- Residual sugar: 3.48 g/l
- Acidity: 5.87 g/l
- Body: medium
- Bottle volume: 750 ml
Terroir and grapes
- Ingredients: grapes 100%
- Historical region: Muntenia
- Wine region: Dealurile Munteniei
- Podgorie: Dealu Mare
- Village: Săhăteni
- Vineyard owner: Domeniile Săhăteni
- Production place: Domeniile Săhăteni
- Bottling place: Domeniile Săhăteni
- Winemaking: maceration for 2 hours; fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
- Malolactic conversion: Yes, in oak barrels.
- Maturation on lees: Yes, in oak barrels.
- Maturation: in French and Romanian oak, for 5 months.
- Name of winemaker: Aurelia VIȘINESCU.
- Bottling date: listed on the bottle
- Importer: Daniel's Wine Club.
- Import method: maritime import.
- Import Route: Domeniile Săhăteni ⇨ Daniel's Wine Club.
- Quality control method during transportation: use temperature-controlled containers.
- Seller: Daniel's Wine Club.
- Storage place: Daniel's Wine Club Yokohama.
- Storage temperature: 16°~18°C.