- Country of origin: Bulgaria
- Producer: Zagreus
- Type: red / dry
- Grape variety: 100% Mavrud
- Quality classification: raisin wine, certified organic wine
- Time to drink: Now - 2031
It has deep color. purplish red.
The aroma is very rich and sweet. It has hints of American cherry, raisins, dried plums, dried figs and dark chocolate.
The palate reveals ripe fruit, plums, black cherries, raisins and dark chocolate. Rich in tannins, yet soft. It has a nice balance of sweetness and acidity. Clear and great mouthfeel. You can enjoy the complex and rich taste.
- Food that goes well with
This is a wine that calls for intense flavors. It is recommended for meat dishes such as beef sukiyaki, beef shabu-shabu, duck with orange sauce, and duck stewed in wine. Cheese lovers should pair it with brie, camembert, dana blue and sharp cheddar.
- Other comments
A very attractive wine for me. It does not have the bitter cherry character of Italian Amarone, but the flavors of plum and ripe sour cherries are the hallmarks of the Mavrud variety. The fruitiness is fresh, clean and appetizing. Without a doubt, one of Bulgaria's finest wines. It has been selected as the most delicious wine of Bulgaria at a wine competition in Bulgaria, and is a wine that represents the top class of Bulgaria.
- note taker
- Alcohol content: 14.8%
- Residual sugar: 3.90 g/l
- Acidity: 6.81 g/l
- Volume: 750ml
Grape and vineyard
- Ingredients: grapes 100%
- Origin: Thracian Valley
- Field: Producer's own field
- Cultivator: Aleksieva Maria
- Cultivation method: organic cultivation / organic wine
- Place: Zagreus
- Production method: Grapes are harvested and dried in the shade for about 3 months to evaporate the moisture. The raisins are pressed and the juice is fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Aging: 8 months in Bulgarian oak barrels
- Winemaker: Mr. Stefanova Tatyana
- Bottling location: Zagreus
- Bottling date: listed on the bottle
- Importer: New Nichibu
- Import route: Zagreus ⇨ New Nichibu ⇨ Daniel's Wine Club
- Quality control method during transportation: use temperature-controlled containers
- Seller: Daniel's Wine Club
- Storage: Daniel's Wine Club
- Storage temperature: 16°~18°C